Come and join the Privilege team as Head of Finance!
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance to join the Privilege team.
Job Title: Head of Finance
Responsible To: Executive Finance Director
Reports: Finance Team
Summary of the role: To contribute to the attainment of the company’s business objectives by:
- Ensuring that the company’s financial commitments are met;
- Developing necessary policies and procedures to ensure the sound financial management and control of the company’s business.
- Managing the finance team to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and developed so that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standards.
Responsibilities and key duties:
1. Contribute to the achievement of the company’s business objectives by:
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends.
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk.
- Managing the company loan book and provisioning.
- Financial modelling and investment valuations.
- Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Producing consolidated financial and management reports to specific deadlines.
- Producing and managing consolidated budgets and forecasts.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. funders, banks, auditors, and statutory organisations such as HMRC.
2. Develop and implement an internal audit programme to ensure that the company complies with financial procedures and statutory regulations.
3. Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
4. Monitor external contracts and services provided by suppliers to ensure that these are operating effectively and provide best value to the company.
5. Responsible for the production of the Group consolidated statutory accounts and corporation tax computations.
6. Lead the annual audit for all group companies liaising where necessary with external auditors to ensure completion with fund deadlines.
7. Ad hoc duties as required by the Executive Board.
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required:
- CCAB Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable technical accounting knowledge and experience.
- Significant senior level experience of management and financial accounting.
- Ability to present financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Strong people management skills with the ability and knowledge to motivate, train, develop, appraise and manage a team.
- A team player who is able to develop effective relationships.
- Ability to manage workload and priorities to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Financial services sector is advantageous
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may change from time to time as business needs demand.
If you think you are the right person to join Privilege in this role please send your CV to email@example.com