We are seeking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join the Commercial team.
Job Title: Business Development Manager – UK and Europe
Responsible To: Commercial Director – UK and Europe
Summary of the role:
The main objective of the role is to implement a business development strategy, identifying new business opportunities, maintaining relationships, negotiating and closing business deals in both the UK and Europe whilst delivering high quality, sustainable renewable energy project credit proposals.
Responsibilities and key duties:
- Implement the strategy to differentiate Privilege from its competitors in the renewable funding and project sector in order to deliver highest margin and lowest risk projects.
- Build and maintain a network of relationships across the renewables industry
- Maintain and develop an extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Build, validate and develop business leads into sales opportunities that conform to the key lending criteria of the business
- Manage customers expectations of lending ethically and professionally
- Maintain accurate opportunity forecasts and reporting
- Deliver accurate and comprehensive credit applications/proposals to the highest standard in line with credit committee criteria
- Attend events and conferences in relation to the renewable energy sector and report back to your line manager and Exec team on innovations and developments affecting Privilege’s business
- Manage workloads and changing priorities and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Structure finance packages to suit both Privilege and the project/customer
Skills, Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Able to manage workloads and priorities and work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to gain knowledge of basic Anaerobic Digestion/Biogas financial models and plant operations within 6 months of appointment
- A team player who is able to develop effective relationships within the team and work in partnership with others
- Willing to embrace change and challenge processes to improve efficiency
- Level headed and measured approach
- Highly articulate and numerate
- Strong communication skills – Verbal and written
- Excellent presentation skills
- Sound planning and organisation skills
- Self motivated
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Environment & Planning experience advantageous
- High levels of energy and drive, someone who thrives under pressure, strong business acumen, tenacious in nature, an ethical, professional manner
Knowledge and Experience:
- Background in the renewables industry
- Knowledge and experience of funding complex medium/large capital projects or transactions
- Demonstrable track record of building “C” level relationships
- Solutions led experience
This list of duties is not exhaustive and may change from time to time as business needs demand.
If you think you are the right person to join Privilege in this role please send your CV to email@example.com